The London Times reports that Alexander McQueen had "financial worries" before killing himself on February 11. His ten-year-old label was struggling to turn a significant profit. The paper wonders, If a designer regarded to be as ingenious as McQueen can't turn a profit, what hope do other designers have? Young American designers have a better shot of making money through American department stores than their European counterparts. Nonetheless, many successful labels often can't really afford to loan things to celebrities without getting them back. [Times UK]
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season