Last night at the launch of Jonathan Adler's collection for 7 for All Mankind, Sessilee Lopez told us she just shot a documentary for French Vogue. "It’s like a lifestyle type of thing during Fashion Week in Paris," she explained. "It opened up doors for me and I got a Numéro cover, which is really hard to get as a woman of color. I’m the third woman of color to grace the cover of Numéro, so I pat myself on the back." She had a tough time saying whether she was getting more runway work as well. "Well, that varies; whether you’re on the cover of Vogue today or yesterday, if designers want you, then they’ll cast you," she said. "But if you don’t fit the collection, no matter if you’re a supermodel or a new face, you won’t walk. It’s just politics."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000