• Shop clothing and accessories from fourteen independent designers at the opening of We the People, Vera Ng's new fashion collective. 156 Stanton St., nr. Clinton St. (212-533-1091); W–Su (noon–8).
• Receive 30 percent off at boutiques like Alter, Dalaga, In God We Trust, and more at the Total Franklin St. Immersion event. Black Rabbit, the Diamond, and t.b.d. will be serving free half pints of beer. See details here. Franklin St., Greenpoint, Brooklyn; noon–7.
• Macy’s celebrates the launch of Calvin Klein’s X Underwear collection with spokesmodel Kellan Lutz. Shoppers who make any Calvin Klein men’s underwear purchase may have their photo taken with the Twilight star. 151 W. 34th St., at Broadway (212-695-4400); 2 p.m.
• Head over to the Makeup Show NY 2010 for seminars, workshops, and forums with the industry’s leading artists and brands, including M.A.C, Smashbox, L’Oréal, and more. Tickets range from $45 to $80 and may be purchased at themakeupshow.org. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 9–6.
• Stop by Daryl K during the Noho Design District Event and receive 25 percent off your entire purchase. Through 5/18. 21 Bond St., nr. Lafayette St. (212-529-8790); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6).
• Shop discounted frocks at the Tibi semiannual sample sale. The Graffiti shift dress in black and white is $90 (originally $345), the Bouvier jersey one-shoulder dress is $75 (originally $288), and the Hummingbirds chiffon halter dress is $125 (originally $478). Coolture Showroom, 409 W. 39th St., nr. Ninth Ave.; W (1–6), Th–F (10–6), S (10–4).
• Spring/summer 2010 clothing and accessories for men and women are up to 80 percent off at the Gant sample sale. Shirts are $25 (originally $99 to $175), blazers are $95 (originally $695), and cardigans are $45 (originally $225). 20 W. 55th St., nr. Fifth Ave., eleventh fl. (212-230-1949); W–Th (8:30–6:30), F (8:30–5).
• Womenswear, menswear, and accessories start at $19 during the Custo Barcelona sample sale. 474 Broome St., nr. Greene St. (212-274-9700); Th–S (1-–8).
• Brazilian swimwear by Lenny is up to 60 percent off. Bathing suits are $70 to $120 (originally $160 to $300) and cover-ups are $60 to $120 (originally $130 to $450). 580 Broadway, nr. Prince St., tenth fl., Ste. 1011 (212-924-3222); Th–F (10–8), S (10–4).
• In honor of Skin Cancer Awareness month, NIA is donating all proceeds from the sale of NIA 24 Sun Damage Prevention Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 purchased on NIA24.com to the Skin Cancer Foundation. Online only.
• Glass vases are 25 percent off with the purchase of any Steuben design. 667 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-752-1441); M–S (10–6), Su (closed).
• Clothing and accessories from Alexander Wang, Rachel Comey, Jeremy Scott, and more are 50 to 90 percent off at the Opening Ceremony spring sample sale. 33 Howard St., nr. Lafayette St. (212-219-2688); Th–S (11–8), Su (noon–7).
• Prices start at $15 at the Buckler sample sale. Cotton V-neck sweaters are $25 (originally $225), seersucker blazers are $50 (originally $400), and plaid shorts are $15 (originally $150). 13 Gansevoort St., nr. Hudson St. (212-255-1596); Th (6–8), F (10–9), S (11–7), Su (noon–6).
Most Viewed Stories
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.