• Shop clothing and accessories from fourteen independent designers at the opening of We the People, Vera Ng's new fashion collective. 156 Stanton St., nr. Clinton St. (212-533-1091); W–Su (noon–8).
• Receive 30 percent off at boutiques like Alter, Dalaga, In God We Trust, and more at the Total Franklin St. Immersion event. Black Rabbit, the Diamond, and t.b.d. will be serving free half pints of beer. See details here. Franklin St., Greenpoint, Brooklyn; noon–7.
• Macy’s celebrates the launch of Calvin Klein’s X Underwear collection with spokesmodel Kellan Lutz. Shoppers who make any Calvin Klein men’s underwear purchase may have their photo taken with the Twilight star. 151 W. 34th St., at Broadway (212-695-4400); 2 p.m.
• Head over to the Makeup Show NY 2010 for seminars, workshops, and forums with the industry’s leading artists and brands, including M.A.C, Smashbox, L’Oréal, and more. Tickets range from $45 to $80 and may be purchased at themakeupshow.org. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 9–6.
• Stop by Daryl K during the Noho Design District Event and receive 25 percent off your entire purchase. Through 5/18. 21 Bond St., nr. Lafayette St. (212-529-8790); M–S (11–7), Su (noon–6).
• Shop discounted frocks at the Tibi semiannual sample sale. The Graffiti shift dress in black and white is $90 (originally $345), the Bouvier jersey one-shoulder dress is $75 (originally $288), and the Hummingbirds chiffon halter dress is $125 (originally $478). Coolture Showroom, 409 W. 39th St., nr. Ninth Ave.; W (1–6), Th–F (10–6), S (10–4).
• Spring/summer 2010 clothing and accessories for men and women are up to 80 percent off at the Gant sample sale. Shirts are $25 (originally $99 to $175), blazers are $95 (originally $695), and cardigans are $45 (originally $225). 20 W. 55th St., nr. Fifth Ave., eleventh fl. (212-230-1949); W–Th (8:30–6:30), F (8:30–5).
• Womenswear, menswear, and accessories start at $19 during the Custo Barcelona sample sale. 474 Broome St., nr. Greene St. (212-274-9700); Th–S (1-–8).
• Brazilian swimwear by Lenny is up to 60 percent off. Bathing suits are $70 to $120 (originally $160 to $300) and cover-ups are $60 to $120 (originally $130 to $450). 580 Broadway, nr. Prince St., tenth fl., Ste. 1011 (212-924-3222); Th–F (10–8), S (10–4).
• In honor of Skin Cancer Awareness month, NIA is donating all proceeds from the sale of NIA 24 Sun Damage Prevention Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 purchased on NIA24.com to the Skin Cancer Foundation. Online only.
• Glass vases are 25 percent off with the purchase of any Steuben design. 667 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-752-1441); M–S (10–6), Su (closed).
• Clothing and accessories from Alexander Wang, Rachel Comey, Jeremy Scott, and more are 50 to 90 percent off at the Opening Ceremony spring sample sale. 33 Howard St., nr. Lafayette St. (212-219-2688); Th–S (11–8), Su (noon–7).
• Prices start at $15 at the Buckler sample sale. Cotton V-neck sweaters are $25 (originally $225), seersucker blazers are $50 (originally $400), and plaid shorts are $15 (originally $150). 13 Gansevoort St., nr. Hudson St. (212-255-1596); Th (6–8), F (10–9), S (11–7), Su (noon–6).