Sculptural shoe brand United Nude launches its New York flagship on Bond Street today. The brand was founded by Dutch architect Rem D Koolhaas (nephew of starchitect Rem Koolhaas, who designed the Prada flagship in New York), resulting in some towering, precariously artsy heels. The moodily lit, so-called “dark-shop” is a replica of the company’s Amsterdam flagship, with the shoes displayed around the perimeter of the space in glowing, back-lit frames. Though United Nude has an existing franchise store on Elizabeth Street, the new digs stock nine exclusive styles. One other feature worth ogling: the gleaming, Batmobile-like Lamborghini, shipped from China and parked in the middle of the store.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her