Sculptural shoe brand United Nude launches its New York flagship on Bond Street today. The brand was founded by Dutch architect Rem D Koolhaas (nephew of starchitect Rem Koolhaas, who designed the Prada flagship in New York), resulting in some towering, precariously artsy heels. The moodily lit, so-called “dark-shop” is a replica of the company’s Amsterdam flagship, with the shoes displayed around the perimeter of the space in glowing, back-lit frames. Though United Nude has an existing franchise store on Elizabeth Street, the new digs stock nine exclusive styles. One other feature worth ogling: the gleaming, Batmobile-like Lamborghini, shipped from China and parked in the middle of the store.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament