The spring 2011 menswear showings in Milan and Paris were handsome as all get-out — and that's to say nothing of the clothes (which in some cases, were barely there). On the trends front, there were a host of split necks and slit sleeves (Alexander McQueen, Comme des Garçons), more than a few chunky-cozy knits (Gucci, Ferragamo), and oodles of Angus Young suit-and-short getups (Thom Browne, Costume National). But sans a few wild cards — Frankie Morello, we're looking at you — it was a relatively commercial season. You could actually see your boyfriend or next-door neighbor or at least someone at Oak pulling the looks off. Click ahead to see the Cut's top 21 picks for spring 2011, then start making a must-buy list for you and yours.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Why Are Feminist Critics Hung Up on Playboy?
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Mickey Boardman
- California Revenge Pornographer Gets Five Years
- Dakota Fanning Looked Like a Luxe Chanel Piñata
- Meet PS Dept, ‘the Genius Bar for Fashion’
- Best Bet: Satomi Kawakita Emerald Ring
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob