This month, in the height of summer, magazines have a good excuse to put their models in less clothing than usual. French Vogue gave one only a rope and a modesty patch for his privates. Elle shot Miranda Kerr in tiny Prada shorts and a crop top to highlight her belly accessory. Vanity Fair had a few of the finest World Cup athletes strip down to their boxers, muscles ablaze. Vogue thrust Doutzen Kroes onto a beach with only a few designer beach accessories to cover herself, while editor Hamish Bowles posed on the beach in quite the opposite manner — fully clothed, half in a suit and half in a wetsuit. See those images and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve