House of Diehl, the interactive fashion/art collective behind Style Wars and that crazytown "Superstring Me" installation you see when you walk into Nordstrom Rack, has unveiled a line of handmade sunglasses that are two parts absurdism, one part questionable functionality. But hey! Seeing is overrated. Just ask Lady Gaga. And these cool-kid shades, which went on sale today and start at $49, have been painted, drilled, studded, dunked, crunked, and otherwise funked up in the name of wearable art. Betsey Johnson has already rocked a pair; we predict Gaga's little monsters (and maybe Patricia Field employees) will be the next to follow suit. Click through to see pics of the complete collection.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve