The problem with showing a collection on professional male and female models made up to look yellow in the face and bald with thin scraps of facial hair is that it detracts completely from the clothes. Who cares what a chick's boxer shorts look like when she is topless and molting a beard, like a long-lost would-be Coneheads character, if only she had the full cone? But this is what designer Patrick Mohr's hair and makeup looked like in his show at Berlin Fashion Week today. The images are startling and disturbing, but the show may have gotten the most attention of any at this Berlin Fashion Week. The event isn't as big as Paris, Milan, New York, or even London Fashion Weeks, but designers are known to take more risks, The Wall Street Journal notes. Mohr's show is just one example of that, along with further proof that unkempt beards are happening. Or maybe this is a comment on some sort of hot new German reverse hormone therapy! See more behind-the-scenes and runway shots in the slideshow. (Some images NSFW.)
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like