In a market overrun with flashy celebrity fragrances (Bruce Willis, anyone?), MCMC Fragrances is refreshingly homegrown. Founded in 2009 by local perfumer Anne McClain (who honed her craft in southern France), the brand's fragrances are composed in small batches and hand-bottled in her Brooklyn studio. This week she introduces Maui, a unisex fragrance inspired by a summer spent on the beach. The restrained, alluringly spicy scent has top notes of young ginger and star anise, along with elements of frangipani, tuberose, and green bamboo. It's a welcome contrast to some of the hit-you-over-the-head sweet fragrances currently dominating on the shelves, and despite the Hawaiian inspiration, it's thankfully bereft of any overbearing coconut aroma. Choose from two versions: an alcohol-based blend for spritzing or a portable, roll-on perfume oil.
Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- Wish List: Noor Fares Diamond Earrings
- Fondling Men’s Boxers Makes Women Spendy
- Riots and Diets: Admitting You Diet Is Radical
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 6 Days to Go!
- Scientist Invents ‘Healthy’ Chocolate
- Sexting With a Tinder Spam-Bot, Things Get Weird
- Barneys Is Going to Reopen a Chelsea Location
- Justin Bieber Was Going for a Frank Sinatra Look
- Fabulously Festive: Jonathan Adler Handbags
- Meet Wayne Goss, YouTube's Male Makeup Star
- Heidi Klum Has Five Christmas Trees Too Many
- My Real-Life Her: Who Needs a Body to Have Sex?
- Versace Is Probably Going to Get Even Sexier
- Hot Men in Warm Sweaters
- Audrey Gelman and Terry Richardson Split