• Over the last few years, about twenty fresh-smelling fragrances inspired by the color blue have appeared. Leatrice Eiseman, the director of the Pantone Color Institute, explains why: “We do color association studies all the time, and the idea of blue being steadfast and dependable — that never changes. But it also brings up all these ideas of sky and water, and by virtue of there being a certain depth to it, a kind of sexy mysticism. So there’s this dichotomy between associations of both safety and freedom, but they’re both good.” [NYT]
• Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant is teaming with nail-polish brand Nailtini on a collection of vintage fabric-inspired lacquers. The line includes brown, gold, platinum, and iridescent shades, and will be available at CVS’ Beauty 360 and Duane Reade’s Look Boutiques this fall. [WWD]
• Butter London is releasing two new nail polishes inspired by Alexander McQueen. "Long Live McQueen" is a glitter-filled gold, and "4Bumster" (named for the designer’s 1996 collection of bum-exposing pants) is a springy yellow shade. [BellaSugar]
• Bright eyeliner is a fun way to shake up your summer beauty routine, and makeup artist Stephanie Flor offers tips on how to master the look. [Stylecaster]
• Don’t throw out that mascara just yet. Adding a few drops of eye makeup remover to an almost-done tube can sometimes revive it. [BellaSugar]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
All the Ceilings Women Keep Hitting Their Heads On
From Our Partners
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
Why You Should Never Wear These Two Items Two Days In A Row
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
Fabulous Find of the Week: Forever 21 Trench Coat
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesJohn Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.Phoebe Philo Does Not Believe in Hair Extensions
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.Let’s All Get High on Cold-Pressed Juice!
Juice Crawls just killed nightlife.John Legend on His Sitcom Pilot With Chrissy Teigen
"A modern-day romantic comedy."3 Fall Polishes to Express Your Inner Angst
For the #FallGoth inside you.