This Couture Fashion Week proved that Carmen Kass and Karolina Kurkova are still very much in the game. Carmen, who typically makes her requisite runway appearance at Michael Kors, opened for the Armani Privé show, while Karolina had the first look at Elie Saab. Karl Lagerfeld switched up his casting at Chanel — usual suspects Freja Beha, Heidi Mount, and Abbey Lee didn’t have the opening or closing looks. Instead, Russian top model Natasha Poly did the honors of opening, while Iris Strubegger closed, alongside Baptiste Giabiconi. Freja did, however, open for Valentino, which is fitting being that she's one of the new faces of the brand. But, veteran models be damned, power walker Karlie Kloss reigned supreme for yet another season. Next Models' shining light closed for Armani Privé, and opened for Christian Dior and Jean Paul Gaultier. Click ahead to see select Couture Fashion Week openers and closers in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?