For this edition of Design Hunting, I traveled to Washington, D.C., for the Cooper-Hewitt's National Design Awards luncheon; Michelle Obama was the honorary patron. The festivities included a cocktail party, a Teen Design Fair breakfast (featuring guest speaker Tim Gunn), and the luncheon itself, at which the First Lady delivered an impassioned speech. What a thrill! I also got a peek at photographer Priscilla Rattazzi's delightful new book, Luna & Lola, and did some rubbernecking outside a Paul Smith window display. Click ahead to share in my latest design discoveries.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve