On Monday morning, when the Internet greeted us with photographs of Taylor Momsen prancing around a stage in platform shoes with an actual tip jar embedded in the soles, we cradled our Gossip Girl DVDs and wondered how we got here. Where did it all go so wrong? When did Cindy-Lou Who, or even the Jenny Humphrey of GG Season One, turn into a sullen raccoon-eyed shell modeling stripper heels? Gird your loins and join us as we trace Momsen's evolution (or devolution) from bubbly teen to poster child for eye-makeup remover. Prepare to clutch your pearls: It ain't as pretty as she is.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament