It's official: The whole world has gone mad for Mad Men. As the show returns to AMC for its fourth season and sixties nuts gather in Times Square for the channel's big public premiere, it's only natural to want to dress the part. Or at least part of the part. (Yes to curve-hugging cardigans. No to a thousand pounds of crinoline.) Recently the show's Emmy-award-winning costume designer, Janie Bryant, unveiled her vintage-inspired clothing collab with QVC, but even those pieces might make some fashion-forward dames feel like costumed cheeseballs. Which brings us to this: a slideshow of 30 sexy sheath dresses, fanciful clutches, racy heels, and even a few swanky ties for the gents — all of them a salute to the sixties, but none of them so costumey that you'll look like you're dressed up for Halloween.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Meet the Quad-Daters: Two BFFs Seeking Same
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’