The Times recently analyzed Lady Gaga's effect on modern divas everywhere and determined that the collective realization that they'd have to be at once edgier and more vapid in order to keep up with her has only been met with varying degrees of success. But maybe what Lady Gaga has brought out in divas is not a desperation to be edgy, but their truest selves. And maybe those truest selves aren't that complicated. Maybe at heart, these ladies are just clowns. And maybe that's why Rihanna went out in L.A. this week with Bozo-red hair and a polka-dotted jumpsuit. And maybe when you tug on that bow on her shoulder, water spurts out the center.
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives