• The tanning tax goes into effect today. Fake-bake addicts will now have to pay a 10 percent excise tax on indoor tanning services. [CNN]
• At La Prairie’s press breakfast, beauty editors were served a zucchini-and-egg-white timbale; a miniature bagel with lox, cream cheese, and capers; fruit salad; a yogurt-and-granola parfait, and quartered bran muffins. They were also given product samples, Splendid T-shirts, chauffeured rides back to their offices, and passes to MoMA, all in the hopes that they would write about the brand’s caviar-infused skin products come September. Draw your own fishy conclusions. [NYT]
• For last night’s premiere of The Last Airbender, Freida Pinto paired smoky gunmetal-gray eye makeup with peachy lips and an updo composed of pinned curls. [Girls in the Beauty Department/Glamour]
• Miley Cyrus spent $24,000 on hair extensions, which were flown in from Italy. Who preferred her shorter hair? [StyleList]
• The latest NYC landmarks to get the Bond No. 9 treatment are Cooper Square and Washington Square Park. Cooper Square has notes of cognac, juniper berry, lavender, myrrh, olibanum, and patchouli, while Washington Square will smell a bit more feminine. Both scents hit shelves this fall. [Racked NY]
• Jane Lauder was recently named global president and general manager of the Origins and Ojon divisions of the Estée Lauder Cos. Inc. [WWD]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
From Our Partners
6 Things I Wish I Had Never Told My Children
11 Timeless Style Tips Everyone Should Follow
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
The Zoe Report
Why I Quit Shopping At Zara
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesCharging My Phone in the World’s Most Beautiful Abercrombie
French Abercrombie really is different.Why Is My Poop Green, Goth Whopper?
Black food has an unexpectedly bright side.The 50 Most Memorable Bangs Ever
From Audrey Tautou to Zooey Deschanel.John Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.