By the end of the month, Manhattanites will no longer have to trek to Brooklyn or Queens to get their Target fix. The retail giant is opening an outpost on 116th Street, and in typical Target fashion, the store is collaborating with some big-name designers on limited-edition apparel to be sold exclusively in the East Harlem location. Ruben and Isabel Toledo designed a line of beachwear embellished with their dreamy illustrations, while Stephen Burrows created vibrant color-blocked dresses, and celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson put his name on some fruity kitchen goods. The items will be available for purchase in the 116th Street store starting July 25, followed by select stores and on Target.com on August 1. Click ahead to see our top picks from the new lines.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament