Summer is only halfway over, and already our feet are protesting our collection of flimsy, sweaty, blister-inducing sandals. "There's gotta be a better way!" they scream every night, as we peel off our fill-in-the-blank-cheapo-brand whatevers. The better way is this: Wear boots. Oodles of edgy labels (Rachel Comey, Farylrobin, Opening Ceremony, etc.) have churned out lightweight, breathable, ankle-baring boots — perfect for pairing with cutoffs or cute rompers now, or with woolly socks and printed tights later. Click ahead to see a slideshow of our 23 favorite spins on the summer-boots trend.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
- Amy Adams Covered Herself in Black Lace
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to a Gay Bar
- Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle