If you’ve walked by a Banana Republic lately, you may have noticed that its windows are tricked out in sixties-style displays to mark the brand’s advertising partnership with AMC's Mad Men. While some exciting things have come out of the collaboration (including the chance to win a walk-on role and a $1,000 Banana Republic gift card), we’re mainly interested in the style vlogs featuring Mad Men costume designer Janie Bryant and Banana Republic creative director Simon Kneen. In the videos, Bryant shares her thoughts on styling the employees of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. “There’s been this whole resurgence of dressing up and really dressing for the occasion, which Mad Men is so much about," she says. "It’s all about that beautiful façade.” Click through to watch the most recent episode, and check out the rest at AMC’s website or Banana Republic’s Facebook page.
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act