Say "seersucker" and most people think of dapper Southerners, mint julep in one hand, Bible in the other. That, or Jitney-hopping playboys and heiresses, who wouldn't dream of attending a lawn party wearing anything but. And yet one look around last weekend's Jelly Pool Party kickoff in Williamsburg proved that the trend has obtained a much deeper reach. (We spied several bearded boys sporting seersucker bow ties, a fantastic seersucker backpack with droopy leather straps, and more than a few pairs of seersucker slip-ons.) The fabric is pervasive on crisp jackets, flirty blouses, sneakers, fedoras, ties, and more. Click ahead to see thirteen sucker-free takes on the seersucker trend, but be prepared to act fast — the summer sales season is well under way.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season