Readers of The Cut's Street Comber slideshows may recognize the work of Craig Arend, the talented lensman behind the photo blog Altamira: Models Off Duty. Every week, we look to Arend's subjects for sartorial inspiration, and to his photographs for their clean, elegant composition. Now Arend has teamed with W Hotels, the perennially cool international chain, to kick off its "W Happenings: Street Style Photography" series, which will spotlight a new street-style photographer's work every month. Arend is the first up, and his exhibit includes 22 images of modeling heavyweights (lightweights?) like Natalia Vodianova, Agyness Deyn, Abbey Lee, Chanel Iman, Freja Beha Erichsen, Dree Hemingway, Sasha Pivovarova, and Constance Jablonski, among others. Click ahead for a sneak peek at some of the exhibit's best shots — and to read, in Arend's own words, what inspired each image.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament