Readers of The Cut's Street Comber slideshows may recognize the work of Craig Arend, the talented lensman behind the photo blog Altamira: Models Off Duty. Every week, we look to Arend's subjects for sartorial inspiration, and to his photographs for their clean, elegant composition. Now Arend has teamed with W Hotels, the perennially cool international chain, to kick off its "W Happenings: Street Style Photography" series, which will spotlight a new street-style photographer's work every month. Arend is the first up, and his exhibit includes 22 images of modeling heavyweights (lightweights?) like Natalia Vodianova, Agyness Deyn, Abbey Lee, Chanel Iman, Freja Beha Erichsen, Dree Hemingway, Sasha Pivovarova, and Constance Jablonski, among others. Click ahead for a sneak peek at some of the exhibit's best shots — and to read, in Arend's own words, what inspired each image.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Go Ask Our Beauty Editor Anything at Reddit
Wish List: Erdem’s Feathered Organza Silk Skirt
Patty Carroll’s Draped, ‘Anonymous’ Women
- 2013: Another Year of the Effing Hipster?
- Go Ask Our Beauty Editor Anything at Reddit
- Wish List: Erdem’s Feathered Organza Silk Skirt
- Patty Carroll’s Draped, ‘Anonymous’ Women
- Cara Delevingne Nabs Second Vogue UK Cover
- Lindsay Lohan Cozying Up With Liam Neeson’s Son
- The Cut's 2013 Luxe Beauty Gift Guide
- Katy Perry Could Pass for a Young Mrs. Claus
- Jay Z and Beyoncé Are Going Vegan
- Best Bet: Ella Moss Sheena Sequin Blazer
- The Rita Ora Look Book
- Breaking: Kate Middleton Got a $984 Haircut
- The Creepy, Underwater World of the Aqualillies
- Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death
- Are Master Cleanses Part of God’s Master Plan?