For this edition of Design Hunting, I met with Bergdorf Goodman’s Nicholas Manville, the mastermind behind the store's Decorative Home department. His latest coup is a grand showing of furniture and home accessories by French designer Jean Boggio. After that, I trooped over to the New York International Gift Fair for a peek at Dean Rhys-Morgan's limited-edition giclée prints, and then down to the Lower East Side to tour the studio/apartment of artist Justen Ladda. I also visited Jeremiah Goodman's Upper East Side studio/apartment (where he keeps an impressive closet full of Creamware!), discovered Made Goods' recycled and found objects, unearthed a rare book of Babe Paley photos, and got an up-close look at a giant brocade nose. Click ahead to see photos of all of my design discoveries.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her
- Kim and Kanye Deny Versailles Wedding
- Jessica Hart, Kim, Kanye & More at Art Basel