Here's one thing fashion hounds and thrift-store junkies can agree on: Housing Works preview sales are off-the-hook. The semi-annual events are basically a big excuse for each of the do-gooder chain's ten locations to restock their fashion, furniture, and art offerings — all of which are then sold at a fraction of their retail price, with proceeds benefiting homeless folks living with HIV and AIDS. The fall festivities kick off September 8 at HW's Chelsea location and continue through September 30, but we scored a sneak peek at some of the designer stuff that'll be up for grabs. Click ahead to see a slideshow of price-slashed offerings from Jacobs, Wang, Nelson, and other biggies, then check the Housing Works website for full details on how to go about staking out ownership.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season