Old Hollywood owner Tiffany Porter and her business partner, Alex Shulhafer, have a reputation for spotting independent designers long before their collections get scooped up by major chains. So you can bet we were pretty excited to learn that the pair had scouted new clothing and jewelry lines to showcase exclusively at their new Greenpoint shop (99 Franklin Street near Greenpoint Avenue, 718-389-0837; Monday-Saturday 12-7, Sunday 12-5). Among the scores: sweet floral latticework crop tops, outfit-toughening body chains, toy-car bracelets, and earrings made from bullet casings. Click ahead to see a slideshow of our favorite finds from the Greenpoint shop.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo