The next issue of V hitting stands September 2 is the "New York Issue." So it's the perfect place for New York socialites to use the modeling skills they usually have to exercise before cameras at parties for photos that may never get published anywhere. But V highlights not just socialites who can pose, but socialites who do other things well, like design clothes, fight skin cancer, and make movies. Terry Richardson shot ladies like Barbara Bush, Allison Sarofim, and Dr. Lisa Airan in full seventies-inspired looks. That means full pants for all of them but one, and lots of other fabric to cover their bodies. Also, it gives you the excuse to tell your friends at dinner: "Guess what, guys! Terry Richardson shot a BUSH!" See the editorial in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament