It seems that Alessandra Ambrosio is, even by her own admission, “always in a bikini.” Three hours before The Cut caught up with her at M.A.C.’s Giles Deacon after-party, held last night at East London's Bistrotheque, the Victoria's Secret model was working Deacon's runway in an itty-bitty two-piece, alongside a fully clothed Stella Tennant, Jessica Stam, and sixties legend Veruschka. Ambrosio was told she'd be wearing a bikini the morning of the show: "I wake up and read [show stylist] Katie [Grand]'s message on my phone — 'Are you okay wearing a bikini?'" she laughs. "I had to think second thoughts about what I was going to have for breakfast. [But] I'm like, 'I guess.' Because I'm Brazilian and I do Victoria's Secret, it wouldn't be polite to say I'm not okay. As long as it's not a G-string, I'm okay. I'm a mom now: I can't [do G-strings]."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve