Of the more than 100 designers showing spring/summer 2011 collections at Fashion Week, there are at least nine worth bookmarking — 'cause if your friends and co-workers aren't raving about 'em now, they will be soon. You see, this lot is fierce with a capital F and plenty of emphasis on the saaah. It includes a Halston trainee, a designer who has made dresses out of toilet paper, and creatives who already count Lady Gaga and Kate Moss among their fans. But don't take our word for it: Click ahead to meet the nine designers yourself, see sketches and samples of their work, and be able to say with confidence that you knew them way back when.
See more from the Spring 2011 preview:
• Slideshow: 100 Designers Reveal Their Spring 2011 Inspirations
• Ten Models to Watch This Fashion Week
• Exclusive Video: See Alexandre Herchcovitch Draw His Spring 2011 Collection
• Exclusive video: Model Sara Ziff's Picture Me Trailer
• The Ultimate Guide to Lincoln Center
• The Complete Spring 2011 Fashion Week Calendar