The seats at Fashion Week aren't on risers just so you can see the runway, because let's face it: Unless you're sitting front row, you just won't get a complete look at the outfits. The risers are there so that the industry can check out each other as well as the clothes. You know: Did Anna just scratch her nose? Is ALT in shorts again? Oh heavens, Kate Lanphear looks terribly chic today — I do admire the fortitude of her Achilles tendons. To that end, we compiled a slideshow of what some of our favorite editors wore to spring 2011 New York Fashion Week. Anna Wintour stuck to her usual uniform of nice dresses; Carine Roitfeld enjoyed her multiple pairs of over-the-knee, open-toed boots; Anna Dello Russo wore a watermelon on her head; and Kate Lanphear just looked consistently, enviously cool. See those ladies and more in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve