American model Sara Ziff hit it big in the early aughts with campaigns for D&G and Tommy Hilfiger, several Italian Elle covers, and runway turns for everyone from Balenciaga to Prada. But nowadays, Ziff is on the other side of the lens, along with director and partner Ole Schell. Their first joint venture, Picture Me: A Model's Diary, premieres at the Angelika Film Center on September 17. The documentary takes a rare, insider look at the usually closed-off world of modeling — from the highs of making six figures to the lows of dealing with the industry's physical and emotional pressures.
To build upon the duo's work in Picture Me, Ziff will be reporting exclusively for The Cut throughout New York Fashion Week. Her web miniseries, which we'll post in three installments, will tackle the major themes of the movie: youth, money, and life after modeling. In the meantime, click ahead to watch the exclusive release of the Picture Me trailer, and get psyched up for what's to come.
See more from the Spring 2011 preview:
• Slideshow: 100 Designers Reveal Their Spring 2011 Inspirations
• Ten Models to Watch This Fashion Week
• Nine Designers to Watch This Fashion Week
• Exclusive Video: See Alexandre Herchcovitch Draw His Spring 2011 Collection
• The Ultimate Guide to Lincoln Center
• The Complete Spring 2011 Fashion Week Calendar