Harem pants, a style even MC Hammer has decided to distance himself from, exploded on the runway during the spring 2009 season. The following spring, the trend had morphed in knockoff hubs like Forever 21 and Zara, resulting in all kinds of unfortunate bottoms, like denim diapers and pants with crotches that reach the ankles. Maybe that's why designers have largely distanced themselves from questionable drop-crotches this spring 2011 season — they just got way too scary to mess with anymore. Most of the pants on the runways this season are relaxed and wide-leg, and while some have tapered legs and slightly dropped crotches, the full-on MC Hammer look seems to be going the way of fishnets: for the really attention-needy only.
Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee