It can't have been easy shifting the whole Fashion Week operation from Bryant Park to Lincoln Center. So many moving parts! But Stephanie Winston Wolkoff is an unusually enthusiastic person. It'd be easy to dismiss the NYFW chief planner and ex-Vogue staffer as elitist: She's so tall and so pretty and has so many sparkly diamonds! But she's one of the friendliest and most inclusive people in the business, and is, therefore, the perfect person to have led the charge. After a few days in operation, the verdict is in, and Lincoln Center is a success, not least because of the all-embracing nature of the effort. Picking through the hordes of people on the plaza on a Saturday night may have been a minor pain in the butt, but it also added a whole layer of dynamism to the operation. The people outside were far more dressed up than the people in the front row, and they were also more excited. It was like prom-night-meets-the Oscars, and there seemed to be an awful lot of people having a very good time.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken