• Receive a complimentary twenty-minute makeover at the opening of Make Up For Ever's first boutique and studio in the Soho Sephora. The first 100 clients to take a free makeup lesson will also receive a free Rouge Artist Lipstick #43. Through 10/3. 555 Broadway, nr. Prince St. (212-625-1309); F–S (10–8), Su (11–7).
• Admire avant-garde jewelry from seven designers at the opening reception of "Salon: Inventive Art-Jewelry Exhibit in an Inventible Space." Through 10/8. 439 Metropolitan Ave., nr. Macy Ave., Williamsburg (347-678-2030); 7–10.
• Celebrate the reopening of the 1,500-square-foot Brooklyn Collective, including more than 30 new collections. Complimentary cocktails will be served, and there will be a surprise musical performance. 212 Columbia St., nr. Union St., Red Hook; 7–11.
• Mingle with designers at Better Than Jam's First Friday event. Check out the artwork of Megan Bisbee-Durlam, get your nails done by Miss Fleury Rose of Tomahawk Salon, and watch artists from the Bushwick Print Lab create live silk-screen prints. Choose from a selection of screens or customize a T-shirt. 1095 Flushing Ave., nr. Porter Ave., Bushwick; 7–10.
• Shop Russell Simmons's new Argyleculture men's shop at Macy's. 151 W. 34th St., at Broadway, second fl. (212-695-4400); M–S (10–9:30), Su (11–8).
• Women's and men's apparel and shoes are discounted at the Tim Hamilton sample sale. Through 10/3. 526 W. 26th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 5B; F–S (11–6), Su (noon–6).
• New furniture and accessories orders are 20 percent off and floor samples are up to 60 percent off at Property's biannual sale. The white lacquer oak Tokio table is $3,480 (originally $5,810) and the orange lacquered fiberglass Hara chair is $1,950 (originally $4,500). Through 10/16. 14 Wooster St., nr. Grand St. (917-237-0123); M–F (10–6), S–Su (noon–6).
• Fall men's and women's footwear, jewelry, bags, and scarves are 60 percent off during the J.Crew stock and sample sale. Women's tall Italian-leather flat boots are $128 (originally $318), men's leather oxfords are $86 (originally $215), crystal necklaces are $60 (originally $160), and silk-cashmere fringed wraps are $30 (originally $75). Clothingline, 261 W. 36th St., nr. Eighth Ave., second fl.; T–F (10–7).
• Recently shuttered shop Marmalade Vintage pops up at TG-170. Boots are $115 to $595 and dresses are $98 to $125. 170 Ludlow St., nr. Stanton St. (212-995-8660); daily (noon–8).
• Bedding, housewares, tabletop items, closet storage, luggage, and more are up to 75 percent off at Gracious Home's Sixth Avenue closing sale. (The store at 45 W. 25th St. will remain open.) 766 Sixth Ave., at 25th St. (212-414-5710); M–S (10–8:30), Su (10–7).
• Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes start at $80, Catherine Malandrino dresses start at $108, and Pucci and Celine rain boots start at $95 at AvaMaria. Through 10/1. 107 Crosby St., nr. Prince St. (212-966-0909); daily (11:30–7:30).
Most Viewed Stories
Meryl Streep Issues Scathing Response to Karl Lagerfeld’s Oscar Dress Comments (UPDATED)
Rereading The Handmaid’s Tale, One Month Into the Trump Era
Why Did Everyone Act Like I Was Crazy When I Decided to Have a Baby in My 20s?
Woman Framed by Ex-Boyfriend’s Wife in Craigslist ‘Rape Fantasy’ Plot Speaks Out
Why Red-Carpet Makeup Looks Bad in Real Life
Barbara Pierce Bush to Speak at Texas Planned Parenthood Fundraiser
Taylor Swift Is Not Going to Be Happy About This New Friendship
Missoni Grabs Back with Knitted Pink Pussy Hats at Milan Fashion Week
How Celebrities Dressed Before ‘the Red Carpet’ Became a Juggernaut
Why the Casey Affleck Sexual-Harassment Allegations Just Won’t Stick
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.