This afternoon, rag & bone designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville presented a colorful spring 2011 men's collection on the heels of a likewise colorful new women's collection. The designers, who won this year's CFDA award for Menswear Designer of the Year, explained backstage that the new men's things were inspired by "the English in North Africa — old-school English army uniforms in the dessert." That means big shorts and big shirts to keep cool, mixed with the rag & bone's signature English tailoring. Also keep an eye out for the long tan leather jacket, which no one backstage could resist petting — or maybe they just wanted to touch the model? See more of the clothes — and male models — in the video.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve