Wig-maker Charlie Le Mindu, a 24-year-old whose creations have graced the scalp of Lady Gaga, got plenty of attention for his runway show yesterday, because he used the easiest trick in the book: hot naked people. Some of his models walked the runway nude, save only hats, shoes, bags, and wigs, which obviously don't cover any private parts. There might have been another way for Le Mindu to get attention for a show about only ... hats and wigs, but this was as cringe-worthy as it was obvious, because who are these models and how unfair does this feel for them? The designer at least could have had an equal opportunity naked fashion show and put a dude or two in it. This just feels wrong. Plus, the last thing Lady Gaga — who is almost naked most of the time anyway — needs are any ideas.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb