Artist, jeweler, and taxidermist Ryan Matthew once got dumped by a girlfriend when he purchased a full baby skeleton for his collection of human and animal remains, which he keeps in his New York City apartment. He also owns baboon skulls, a taxidermied crow, and a mummified piglet that he bought at a flea market in Connecticut. "I wanted to be a makeup artist as a kid, and I was very, very interested in horror movies and how they were made and the prosthetics that were involved," he explained. "My dog used to always catch animals and eat them, and I'd take the leftovers and try my hand in the articulation of skeletons." We got a full tour of his collection: Click ahead to see the video.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken