In our rapidly multiplying makeup stash, the most essential products are often the most grossly overlooked: the brushes. EcoTools’s improved line of green-minded brushes lands in stores next week, offering a much-needed update to your beauty arsenal. All the handles are made with sustainable bamboo and recycled aluminum, and the soft taklon bristles are cruelty-free. Three are standouts: the smudge eyeliner brush, which includes a fine tip for achieving smoky eyes on one end and a sharpener for your liner pencil on the other; the silky kabuki brush for blending blush or powder; and the super-handy retractable foundation brush, which is protected from the other grime floating around in your makeup bag. They’re also considerably more affordable than their brand-name counterparts at Sephora — one more reason to replace your worn-out bristles.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate