• Nicole Richie paired bold, dark lipstick with equally bold eye makeup at yesterday’s event for the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund finalists. [Girls in the Beauty Dept./Glamour]
• Guerlain has denounced recent racist remarks made by Jean-Paul Guerlain, who founded the company but is not longer affiliated. The company stated that Guerlain’s comments were “intolerable” and went against the “culture, values, and ethics practiced by the enterprise, which promotes the diversity of talents of all origins.” [WWD]
• Dental patients want their tooth veneers to be white and perfect, but not too perfect, according to the Times: “The lifelike 'flaws' requested by patients include rotating the teeth next to the center pair so they overlap a little; subtly discoloring veneers toward the gumline so it looks between-cleaning realistic; and adding grooves so the porcelain isn’t oddly smooth.” [NYT]
• Brooklyn Decker on shaving her legs for the first time as a “hairy” 11-year-old: “After playing in a soccer game, my mom came up and saw my long blonde leg hairs glistening in the sun and said ‘okay honey, it's time.’” [Girls in the Beauty Dept./Glamour]
• Have you tried to pile on the fake eyelashes and gotten a gluey, hairy mess instead? BellaSugar investigated ways to double up on falsies for that showgirl effect. [a href="http://www.bellasugar.com/Doubling-Up-False-Eyelashes-11531104">BellaSugar]
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
From Our Partners
6 Things I Wish I Had Never Told My Children
11 Timeless Style Tips Everyone Should Follow
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
The Zoe Report
Why I Quit Shopping At Zara
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesCharging My Phone in the World’s Most Beautiful Abercrombie
French Abercrombie really is different.Why Is My Poop Green, Goth Whopper?
Black food has an unexpectedly bright side.The 50 Most Memorable Bangs Ever
From Audrey Tautou to Zooey Deschanel.John Galliano Doesn’t Do Instagram Eyebrows
Put down the brow pencil.Chanel Brings Back the Pigtail
You're going to want two of everything.Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
"It's in the water, I think."Assessing Steven Klein’s NARS Collaboration
Does the famed photographer's aesthetic translate to lipstick?The One Beauty Item That Keeps Popping Up at Fashion Month
A new makeup-artist favorite.Right Now the Exercise Pill Is Nothing But a Beautiful Fantasy
It isn't happening anytime soon.This Terrifying Face Mask Is a New Korean Beauty Trend
You'll look like a serial killer, but it gives you extra-soft skin.
About the strong beauty look from Sunday’s show.Even Barbie Wants Kim Kardashian’s Makeup Artist
Life in plastic, it's fantastic.This Is How You Should Smell for Fall
Hint: not like a pumpkin.A Lesson in Beauty Grammar at Dior
What "past future perfect" means in terms of hair and makeup.Why Does My Heart Feel Like It’s Exploding?
A girl's guide to chest pain.The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
How to strobe like a pro.A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
"Don't be afraid of the fat."It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Hate you, boomers.Inside a Beauty Editor’s Insane Skin-Care Routine
A minimum of 12 products.Pat McGrath Wants You Dipped in Gold
The legendary makeup artist launches an exclusive product.