Derek Lam has his eye on a diffusion line, he said last week at a Parsons alumni event, citing Karl Lagerfeld’s lower-priced masstige collection as his inspiration: “What Karl Lagerfeld is doing — it may not be luxury, but he’s always involved,” said Lam. While he added that he’d love to collaborate with a mass retailer “like Topshop,” he also feels strongly about opening more of his own stores (he currently has two, a flagship and a boutique in Manhattan, both of which he’s opened in the past two years). “The best way to control your own destiny is through direct retail,” Lam said. “I’m really trying to be in touch with the consumer.” So maybe you’ll be able to afford a version of this houndstooth romper by next spring, after all!
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat