When Kate Moss was photographed snorting cocaine back in 2005, the supermodel was immediately dropped by high-profile brands like Chanel, Burberry, and H&M. So her agent, Sarah Doukas, stepped in to do some damage control. "I basically just spent a lot of time on the phone trying to reassure her big clients that you can’t believe everything you read,” Doukas recently told Radio Four’s Desert Island Discs. “And, unfortunately, all press actually is good press in this world we live in. So keep calm, don’t have a knee-jerk reaction." It looks like Doukas’s client-soothing phone calls did some good, since records show that Moss’s annual earnings have doubled from £2 million to £4 million since those photos broke — although it’s hard to determine whether her renewed popularity is due to all of the press she attracted during that time, or other factors, like her Topshop collections, or the public’s infatuation with denim cutoffs, Hunter wellies, yeti-like furs, or any of the thousands of other trends she's spawned.
Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison
- Miley Cyrus Debuted the Anna Wintour Bob
- Astrology GIFs for the Week of December 9, 2013
- Mary-Kate Not Leaving the Ring Up to Olivier
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide