Last night French Vogue celebrated its 90th anniversary with a masked ball at the Hotel Pozzo di Borgo in Paris. The theme was "Eyes Wide Shut," in keeping with the 90th anniversary cover starring Lara Stone in a Philip Treacy mask. All manner of high-fashion hotties turned out for the event in their best dresses, masks, and things they wore in lieu of real masks, like veils (not a mask!). And if there was ever pressure to look good, trendy, and at least a little weird, this party was it. French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld is regarded as one of — if not the most — stylish women in the world. She showed up wearing a see-through caftan with strategically placed leopard patches, underpants, and no bra, as if to say, "This old thing?" And naturally, she pulled it off. So, you know, no pressure to look just as bizarrely fabulous! Maybe that's why she made sure most of the guests were supermodels. Check them out in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament