Last night French Vogue celebrated its 90th anniversary with a masked ball at the Hotel Pozzo di Borgo in Paris. The theme was "Eyes Wide Shut," in keeping with the 90th anniversary cover starring Lara Stone in a Philip Treacy mask. All manner of high-fashion hotties turned out for the event in their best dresses, masks, and things they wore in lieu of real masks, like veils (not a mask!). And if there was ever pressure to look good, trendy, and at least a little weird, this party was it. French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld is regarded as one of — if not the most — stylish women in the world. She showed up wearing a see-through caftan with strategically placed leopard patches, underpants, and no bra, as if to say, "This old thing?" And naturally, she pulled it off. So, you know, no pressure to look just as bizarrely fabulous! Maybe that's why she made sure most of the guests were supermodels. Check them out in the slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage
- Amy Adams Covered Herself in Black Lace
- Harry Styles Takes Kendall Jenner to a Gay Bar
- Best Bet: Joe Fresh Pleated Tuxedo Shirt
- Defense Bill Deal Delays Sexual Assault Vote
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle