The latest installment of Take Five tackles the most basic of basics: the white oxford shirt. Too many button-downs hang sadly in the backs of closets, perhaps because they have the tendency to make the wearer look, well, buttoned-up. We decided to inject some style into the schoolgirl staple by taking American Apparel's version ($58 online), giving it to Wilhelmina newcomer Omayra Ventura, and then standing back as sales associates from Dear Fieldbinder, Mafalda, Oak, Bird, and Mick Margo tucked, belted, and draped the shirt into radness. Click through our slideshow to see what each of our impromptu stylists came up with.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament