Whitney Port told Ryan Seacrest that the rumors about The City being canceled are true! Well, she couched the embarrassing confession with a "really," but that's the gist of it:
"As of right now it doesn't really look like we're doing it anymore," said the 25-year-old fashion designer. When asked if it could possibly move from MTV to another network, Port said, "No, at this point it's not."
This is good for some people and organizations, bad for others.
People This News Is Good For:
• Elle magazine as a whole, which will no longer look silly for fake-employing a socialite who does no work and lacks a basic understanding of how offices operate.
• Elle editor Robbie Myers, who is infinitely more awesome, professional, and talented than MTV would allow her to look.
• The publishing industry, which no longer has The City going around as a "real-life model" of how the business is run. City myths, like the one in which magazine websites have "faces" appointed through a series of arbitrary contests and announced in staff meetings to applause and fanfare, can now be busted.
• Olivia Palermo, who now has the chance to position herself as someone much more likable than her character and who can actually enunciate her words in the presence of other people.
• Joe Zee, who can concentrate on his new Sundance show, which sounds fun, interesting, and full of hope! Instead of just dramatic, tacky, and full of fake hope.
• Lauren Conrad, who is returning to MTV with a show about her fashion business, or whatever sort of clothing venture she's scraping together. Now she has no leggy blondes to compete with for tween worship.
People This News Is Bad For:
• Whitney Port, who is now without a weekly nationally televised time slot, and will have to keep herself famous in other ways. "I'm working on some other things," Port told Seacrest. "It's okay, one door closes and another opens." Yeah, but what are the odds what lies behind it will be as sweet? Endorsement deals are supposed to be a side dish to fame, not the entrée.
• Olivia Palermo, who will have to find a way to get the exposure needed to position herself as someone much more likable than her character.
• Roxy Olin, who wanted to be an actress, and was amusing in her shredded-pants capacity on the show.
• Erin Kaplan, who looked like a serious badass for telling Olivia how it was every week. Can MTV just give her a spinoff?
We've left one important contingency off this list: YOU, the people. Where do you fall? Tell us why in those boxes down there.
It's Official: Whitney Port Says 'The City' Is Canceled [AUDIO] [Ryan Seacrest]
Most Viewed Stories
Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Kellyanne Conway Goes With a Subtle Look for the Inauguration
15 Protest Sign Ideas for the Women’s March on Washington
Here’s the Official List of Speakers for the Women’s March on Washington
The Ultimate Guide to Preparing for the Women’s March
Thousands of Women Are Descending Upon Washington, D.C., for the Women’s March
Everyone Is Handling This Week Differently
The Complicated, Controversial, Historic, Inspiring Women’s March
Tiffany & Co. Unveils New Collaboration With NYPD: Branded Barricades by Trump Tower
This Conspiracy Theory Will Change How You Feel About the Bachelor Villain
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutOver 1 Million New York Women Will Have Access to Free Contraception and Abortions
Andrew Cuomo’s announcement comes alongside the Women’s March.U.S. Border Agents Rejected Some Canadians Headed to the Women’s March
People in at least three groups were reportedly sent home.Here’s How to Livestream the Women’s March on Washington
It’s happening right now.Melania Trump Wears Hervé Pierre to the Inaugural Balls
The former model collaborated with the designer.‘Smells Like Boys’: A Night at the DeploraBall
Partying in Trump’s America.Inauguration Day in Washington Is Like a Nightmare Twitter Thread
People have come from around America to shout at each other.Melania Trump’s White House Bio Talks a Lot About Her Modeling Experience
And also plugs her Melania™ Timepieces & Jewelry collection on QVC.The Best Street Style From Paris Men’s Fashion Week
Baby pink, camo, and plenty of puffers.Everyone Is Handling This Week Differently
Another brave sartorial choice from baby boy Bieber.Bernie Sanders Wore the Only Appropriate Outfit to Trump’s Inauguration
Très chic, Bernard.
The movement survives not in spite of its cacophony, but because of it.Thousands of Women Are Descending Upon Washington, D.C., for the Women’s March
Via plane, train, and automobile.Broad City’s Abbi and Ilana Prepare for the Trumpocalypse
“Pence looks like a wooden doll from the ‘50s.”Hillary Clinton Wore a Ralph Lauren White Pantsuit to Trump’s Inauguration
It’s not her first.Michelle Obama’s Face Perfectly Sums Up How You’re Feeling Today
The Obamas and the Trumps met at the White House before the swearing-in ceremony.Melania Trump Wears Ralph Lauren on Inauguration Day
The pale-blue suit is drawing comparisons to Jackie Kennedy.How to Be Safe When Researching Your Abortion Online
Because our digital records are being used against us.These Artworks Capture Female Rage Over a Trump Inauguration
80 women contributed to the exhibit “Uprise / Angry Women” in Tribeca.Protesters Around the World Call for ‘Bridges Not Walls’ in Response to Trump’s Inauguration
Protesters unfurled banners on bridges across the world.Kellyanne Conway Goes With a Subtle Look for the Inauguration
She described her Gucci coat as “Trump revolutionary wear.”