Each year Glamour celebrates the women they deem the most awesome of that particular year by putting them on a list. Michelle Obama was the star of last year's group, landing one of her loveliest covers to date, along with Rihanna, who made a publicity comeback after her Chris Brown incident. This year's list, coming out next week in the December issue, includes cover girl and Black Eyed Pea Fergie, who, a release from Glamour tells us, "uses her girl power to give back, advocating for causes like breast cancer research and AIDS awareness." The fabulous Donatella Versace is also on the list owing to her support of a children's charity in China (also home to a very important market for the label), mentorships of young designers, and "rave reviews of her runway shows and plans to expand beyond the 80 Versace boutiques" around the world. Indeed, the label is finally pulling out of a most worrisome time in which reviews weren't so good, money bled, higher-ups shuffled, and insiders suggested Donatella should step down as designer of her label. Through all that we still loved and were fascinated by the woman, and hopefully this list placement gives her an excuse to grace New York with her presence during the Women of the Year Awards gala next week.
Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!
- Kate Middleton Dares to Wear a Dress Three Times
- Tell Me Everything You Know About Wool
- FDA Rejects Female Viagra
- Oprah Says Her Kids Would Probably Hate Her
- The Best of Pre-Fall 2014, Continued
- Best Bet: Rebecca Minkoff Coin Pouch
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Joe Zee
- Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- Rooney Mara, the Goth Ice Queen
- Male Gaze: Feast Your Eyes on Frank Sinatra
- Office Stress Is Contagious
- Kim Kardashian’s ‘Jubilant,’ Post-Baby Reveal
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 14 Days to Go!