Facebook just announced details of some new app functionalities that, like Foursquare, could make you highly stalkable by allowing you to broadcast where you are. Gap is hoping very much that you will, with this fancy new Facebooking, broadcast to your people that you're in one of their stores. To do this, Gap will give away 10,000 pairs of jeans at a future date to the first people who "check in" with the app, which you can only do by actually being in a Gap store. People who miss the cutoff but check in anyway stand to receive a consolation prize of 40 percent off a pair of jeans. It will be interesting to see how vicious people will get when this epic day comes and they may (or may not) have to fight to get into a store to win the free loot. Gap operates a over 3,076 stores worldwide, placing the per-store pants giveaway at around three. After the logo disaster and all those hard times, this is what it's come to: giving the stuff away.
Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Outfit of the Week: Warm, Wintry Colors
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season