Isaac Mizrahi is now the proud owner of four apartments in one condominium. Mizrahi bought his first apartment at 59 West 12th Street, off Fifth Avenue, in 1991 for $355,000, according to records. In addition to those four rooms (plus bathroom! and terrace!) he bought a second two-room apartment in 1997 for $160,000. In March, Mizrahi acquired, for $1.1 million, his third apartment one floor down from his other two to use as a home office. And he just bought the apartment between his first two for $3.5 million, allowing him to connect his other properties. His new digs will total 2,912 square feet plus 1,000 square feet of terrace space. And his neighbors are all but bitter about it: The previous owner, who passed away at the age of 84 last year, had told them Mizrahi really wanted her place. The broker who lives in the building and sold him the apartment tells The Wall Street Journal, "He wanted that apartment really badly for many, many years, and the neighbors are really happy he finally got it."
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000