• Julia Roberts’s No. 1 hair tip: "Never tuck your hair like this," Julia said, demonstrating by pushing her hair behind her ear. "It never looks good." [Girls in the Beauty Dept./Glamour]
• Bumble & bumble. stylist Jimmy Paul doles out advice on choosing the right hair extensions and taking care of them properly. [Refinery 29]
• Research organization PCPC (Personal Care Products Council) is joining the FDA and the Cosmetic Ingredient Review to address claims that Brazilian hair-straightening products contain harmful amounts of formaldehyde. In the meantime, PCPC’s chief scientist, John Bailey, has stated that “safe and proper use [of these products] depends largely on the ventilation in the salon and the application procedure.” [WWD]
• Leighton Meester told InStyle UK that all the girls on Gossip Girl have naturally long hair. “It's totally a hair show — all the girls have long hair. No one uses extensions or clip-ins any more, but when we first started we did a lot.” [InStyle UK]
• Rad Hourani on his new fragrance: “I wanted something transformable, representing life from birth to death. The top note is baby powder mixed with the smell of sperm, but a sperm that is not necessarily vulgar or filthy. It’s more a smell you can’t put your finger on Christopher [the perfumer] went as close to the sperm smell as possible and made it really elegant and beautiful.” [Elle]
• Givaudan perfumers are partnering with six designers for the third annual installment of their Six Scents collection. This year’s collaboration is themed as “Innocence to Experience,” and proceeds will go to the War Child charity, which helps children living in areas of conflict. [BellaSugar]
Most Viewed Stories
The Only Woman Mike Pence Is Allowed to Eat Alone With Is His Wife
Aubrey Plaza Is Currently Serving Up the Most Terrifying Performance on TV
Political Commentator Angela Rye Has Had It With Casual Racism
Chris Evans Has Only Nice, Beautiful Things to Say About Jenny Slate
The Makeup Police Have Come to Arrest Alicia Keys
Michelle Kwan’s Husband Filed for Divorce
Bobbi Brown on Why She Really Left Her Brand and Resisted Making a Contour Palette, and Her Next Moves
Ali Wong Loves Kondo-ing So Much, She Named Her Daughter After It
Justin Theroux Bought a Piñata for Jennifer Aniston, But There Was No Candy Inside
Maxine Waters on Why She Decided ‘to Take the Gloves Off and Go for It’
The Cut’s Latest Beauty FeaturesJared Kushner Is ‘Exfoliating’ His Friends
Like Kondo-ing, but better.HBO Picks Up Italian TV Adaptation of Elena Ferrante’s Neapolitan Novels
But who will play Lila and Lenu?Hollywood Has Embraced Dascha Polanco. Why Hasn’t the Fashion World?
Talking OITNB, the fashion world’s hypocrisies, and being a proud New Yorker.Justin Bieber Will Make Male Crop Tops Trendy Even If It Kills Him
Justin ... thank you.I Wore Melania’s Couture Dress And It Was Terrifying
It was harrowing bellwether of a kleptocratic, oligarchic future.I Can Afford to Pay Down My Student Loans Faster. But Should I?
Your money might be better spent elsewhere.The Exact Moment Amal Clooney Assumed Her New Form
A new woman.Tyrannosaurus Rex Was the Sensitive Lover You’ve Been Looking For
Scientists say T. rex rubbed their sensitive noses together while mating.This Gender-Fluid Line From Korea Caught LVMH’s Eye
Blindness believes in designing beautiful pieces, no matter who wants to wear them.Suri Cruise Is ‘Hurt’ That Hillary Clinton Lost the Election
This will make you feel old.
“Talking about it normalizes what’s going on with us.”Sculptor Responsible for Terrible Cristiano Ronaldo Statue Defends His Work
“Not even Jesus pleased everyone.”Inside Detroit’s Rapidly Growing Art-and-Design Scene
Photographer Michel Arnaud’s new book, Detroit: The Dream Is Now, captures the revitalization taking place in of one of America’s great cities.Sheryl Sandberg Says Leaning in Hasn’t Made Women Better Off
“Overall, we are not seeing a major increase in female leadership in any industry or in any government.”25 Famous Women on Waxing and Shaving
How Rihanna, Emma Watson, Eva Longoria, and more deal with body hair.Here’s How Much Nancy Meyers Loves a Good Kitchen
Some sleek stainless-steel appliances are hard to find!Which Hipster Megachurch Is Right for You?
There are many skinny-jeaned ways to the Lord.Political Commentator Angela Rye Has Had It With Casual Racism
She called Joe Walsh a “bigot” on CNN last night.Coachella Outfits Reach Logical End Point With Weed Flower Crowns
Of course.Depression Is Now the Leading Cause of Illness and Disability Worldwide
The WHO says depression rates rose 18 percent in a decade.