The new American Eagle Outfitters flagship store in Soho celebrated its opening today by offering $50 money cards to the first 500 shoppers in the door at 9 a.m. To make things a little more pleasant for the people who decided to line up early in this morning's 40 degree temperatures and gusting winds, they also invited a Mud coffee truck to dole out free breakfast and hot drinks starting at 8:30 a.m., which wasn't much help to the crowds that inexplicably began gathering at 4:30 a.m. According to an American Eagle rep, over 500 people were waiting by the time the store opened its doors, which means that some of them didn't even get their money cards! They did still get first dibs on special merchandise exclusive to the flagship's opening, like New York City–themed graphic tees and stuff made of faux fur, so presumably it wasn't all for naught.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament