• Meet Andrea May, the education executive for Yves Saint Laurent, at Barneys and receive a makeover and cosmetic "technique" lesson. 660 Madison Ave., nr. 61st St. (212-826-8900); 11–7. Call 212-833-2612 to make an appointment.
• Plastic shoes are up to 70 percent off at the Melissa sample sale. 520 W. 27th St., nr. Tenth Ave., Ste. 403 (646-478-8967); noon–8.
• Bags and shoes are on sale at the T. Designer Retail Grand Reopening. Roberto Cavalli's new Bamboo shoes with crystals are $250 (originally $1,255) and a Leiber crystal evening bag is $250 (originally $2,700). 767 Lexington Ave., nr. 60th St., 2nd fl.; noon–6.
• Bags are discounted at least 45 percent at the Rebecca Minkoff sample sale. The Heavy Metal tote is $217 (originally $395), the Fling clutch is $178 (originally $325), and the python Morning-After clutch is $162 (originally $295). 93 Mercer St., nr. Spring St.; W–S (10–7), Su (11–5).
• Select merchandise is on sale at Thread's Wedding Weekend Pop-Up Shop. By appointment only. 26 W. 17th St., nr. Fifth Ave., Ste. 301 (212-414-8844 x28); Su 11–5.
• Shop the One of a Kind holiday show, featuring handmade accessories, ceramics, furniture, jewelry, and more. Shoppers can meet artists, attend demonstrations, and join the DIY craft workshops conducted by Pebeo, ReadyMade, and Etsy. 7 W. 34th St., nr. Fifth Ave. (312-527-4141); 11–5. Tickets ($15) are available at oneofakindshowny.com.
• Men’s and women’s clothing is up to 75 percent off at the Steven Alan sample sale. Women’s wool Navajo coats are $159 (originally $398), men’s wool cable sweaters are $135 (originally $348), and women’s cotton reverse-seam shirts are $58 (originally $158). 87 Franklin St., nr. Broadway; 11–5.
Most Viewed Stories
American Apparel Files for Bankruptcy
‘Truly Ugly Guy With Glasses’ Is Europe’s Most Virile Man
Guess What? Americans Love Planned Parenthood
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Ellie Kemper Thinks Kimmy Schmidt Would Fit in Well in Greenpoint
Witness a Photographer’s Affair With Los Angeles
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
This Santa Monica Loft Is a Neon Escape From New York Winters
From Our Partners
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
Here's What To Buy From J.Crew's HUGE 75-Percent-Off Sale!
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
Tinder is Trash
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesOutfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.