The designer, who we saw give his pugs their own seats on his private jet and take his meals in his mansion served by waiters with white gloves, does exhibit traces of normalcy. "I love the young, new stars. For me, the greatest human being in America is Meryl Streep," he told us at last night's Love and Other Drugs screening, which Streep did not attend. "She's the top of the top, and nobody can be close to her, not even one inch. You know, of course, I am very happy to see Renée Zellweger, to see all those young, beautiful actresses that I see on the red carpet when I am in Los Angeles. All of them try to do their best to be well dressed and to be properly dressed and to be glamorous."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate