The designer, who we saw give his pugs their own seats on his private jet and take his meals in his mansion served by waiters with white gloves, does exhibit traces of normalcy. "I love the young, new stars. For me, the greatest human being in America is Meryl Streep," he told us at last night's Love and Other Drugs screening, which Streep did not attend. "She's the top of the top, and nobody can be close to her, not even one inch. You know, of course, I am very happy to see Renée Zellweger, to see all those young, beautiful actresses that I see on the red carpet when I am in Los Angeles. All of them try to do their best to be well dressed and to be properly dressed and to be glamorous."
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her