• Peter Marino, the architect who designed Dior’s new East 57th Street store, is not a fan of streaming videos of fashion shows in shops. “Nobody, nobody walks into a store and wants to see a runway video playing.” He thinks they, “are super low-end, like a Diesel store.” [On the Runway/NYT]
• Nicole Farhi has named Massimo Nicosia as the new head of menswear for the brand's Nicole Farhi and Farhi by Nicole Farhi collections. [Vogue UK]
• Anna Dello Russo on her newfound popularity: “At this time, I find a new life. Really. A new life. A new energy! Something happen! Be visible! You know when you feel inside, fresh air, you want to go, you don't know why. Before this, no visible! Invisible! Like Cinderella, working like a cow!" [Guardian UK]
• Express launched its first-ever national TV marketing campaign, as well as a 48-page catalog and a new mobile app as part of its holiday marketing push. [WWD]
• The North Face is expanding rapidly outside of the U.S., and Timo Schmidt-Eisenhart, who heads its European division, said the brand wants to be the "Nike of outdoors." [Guardian UK]
• Tory Burch doesn’t care if kids climb on the furniture in her stores. “An element of home has inspired all of my collections. And after all, I was working on the apartment when I did the first one — so the feeling of being comfortable in that environment kept coming back to me as something I very much wanted to share with the women who visited our stores. You know Bring your children, let them roll on the sofa. You may be shopping, but why shouldn't you feel as comfortable as you feel at home?" [WSJ]
• Retailers seem to be opening stores again, but many of them are smaller than they would have been pre-recession. [WWD]
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
The Very Uncomfortable Experience of Rewatching Election in 2016
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Ask Polly: Should I Try to Help My Alcoholic Friend?
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
Outrageous Party Photos From Andy Warhol’s Factory Days
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Chelsea Clinton Says She Didn’t Initially Know Her Mom Had Pneumonia Because She Was Trying to Power Through It
YogaToes Cured My Lifelong Fear of Bunions
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
Latest News from The CutYour Zits Are Actually Keeping You Young
New research suggest they are nature’s anti-ager.Rihanna’s Paris Fashion Week Show Involved a Lot More Purple Satin Than Anyone Was Expecting
Pastels were a major theme.Looks Like Kate Middleton Is Enjoying the View in Canada
It’s a beautiful country!College Student Printed Out Her Roommate’s Subtweets and Posted Them in the Dorm in Today’s Best College Drama
She printed out every subtweet and posted them on a bulletin board.The Y Is Back in YSL, But Not Much Else Is Yet
Anthony Vaccarello’s debut collection falls back on label classics. Plus: Young Parisian designers experiment.Prince Married to Commoner Still Too Good to Tweet
Their 'first tweet' was not impressive.Finally Someone Called Donald Trump a Giant Baby and It Was Michelle Obama
It was inevitable.What’s Going to Happen to Angelina’s Jewelry From Brad?
She has quite a few personal pieces from Brad Pitt that might wind up on the auction block.Models at Margiela Looked Like Rainbow Brite Alien Angels
Cosplay for characters that haven’t been invented yet.Senate Approves Long-Delayed Zika-Funding Bill
The $1.1 billion measure is expected to pass the House later today.
“Campaign stress?”Emma Watson and Justin Trudeau Hold International Wokeness Summit
Rude of them to not invite the American delegate, Matt McGorry.Whoopi Goldberg on Vetements and Burning Bridges
The comedian is trading The View for a higher profile in the fashion world.This Gentle Mask Kills Zits Overnight
And it doesn’t stink.What Really Happens Backstage at the Shows
Runway beauty used to be pretty low-key. Now it’s one of the main events.Gary Johnson Calls in Supernatural Powers for Election Help
Melissa Joan Hart is the new Connecticut chair for the Gary Johnson campaign.Kim Kardashian Assaulted by the Same Guy Who Grabbed Gigi Hadid
He ran up and kissed her ass.The FDA Is Finally Going to Update the Term ‘Healthy’
Currently, foods that are low in fat but high in sugar can use it, which, no.Trump Campaign Manager Accidentally Refers to His ‘Abuse’ of Women on Live TV
Kellyanne Conway made a Freudian slip.Meet the Designer Who Launched a Hit Label From His Apartment
Talking to Atlein designer Antonin Tron about his unconventional debut.